Today Georgia U.S. Sens. Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock announced that funds from the American Rescue Plan will go to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU's). HBCU's will get nearly $85 million in funding through the American Rescue Plan and Paine College is getting $2.6 million of the funds.
At least half of the funds must go directly to support student aid as students and parents continue to endure economic distress as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Other Georgia HBCU's receiving funds:
- Albany State University, $20.37 million
- Clark Atlanta University, $16.5 million
- Fort Valley State University: $11.9 million
- Interdenominational Theological Center, $131,131
- Morehouse College, $7.9 million
- Morehouse School of Medicine, $356,067
- Savannah State University, $17.37 million
- Spelman College, $7.43 million
For more on this story visit our news partners WRDW News 12/ NBC 26 News (CLICK HERE)